Last year The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Children’s Fund supported over 1,500 children. Without you, this would not have been possible.
You can download our DONATION FORM HERE
The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Children’s Fund was formed by the merger of two orphanages: The RN & RM Children’s Trust (1903) and RN & RM Children’s Home (1834).
The type of assistance given can be to help with all or any of the following:
- Children with special needs to obtain specialist help or equipment.
- Children needing stability and continuity of education at a time of crisis.
- Respite and childcare given to children. This can be for a number of reasons including illness of parent or sibling, or a single parent having to work with no support from an extended family and being unable to afford childcare.
- Children who need items of clothing, school uniform or babies nappies.
- Children’s beds. A surprising number of requests are received for help to buy new beds, which can make a huge difference to the health and happiness of a child. Good sleep pattern leads to better concentration and behaviour at school.
- Family outings and holidays in times of crisis and distress.
In the last financial year the fund supported 1902 children, 70% of whom are the children of serving personnel. Our expenditure was £1.3million. Just 2% of this went on administration costs.
- £40 buys disposable nappies for a month
- £100 buys school uniform
- £300 pays for 5 sessions of speech therapy
- £600 pays for childcare for a month
- £8000 per month goes towards respite and childcare
- £10000 per month pays towards clothing and equipment for disabled children
48.5% of the children have disability and illness (mental/physical)
37% Parental illness or death
14.5% Parental relationship issues
6% of all the children have experienced death of a parent or sibling.
20% of the cases come to us through NPFS
30% self refer (hence the importance of having our own caseworker)
50% through other avenues which include other children’s charities, SSAFA etc
Trends at the moment show:
- Increasing divorce rate
- Increasing number of officers coming to us for assistance with their children
Donate by Cheque
Please make cheques payable to:
THE ROYAL NAVY & ROYAL MARINES CHILDRENS FUND
311 Twyford Avenue
Portsmouth, PO2 8RN
Donate by PayPal
A Gift in your Will
By making a Will and leaving a gift to The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Children’s Fund you will help us to plan ahead to ensure that our support can be given to the children of serving and ex-serving Naval personnel for many generations to come. The unpredictable nature of war means preparation for the future, and in turn such support, plays an invaluable role in our work.
If you decide to make The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Children’s Fund a beneficiary of your Will, any money left to us is untaxable and therefore of extra value to us. For the sake of the sons and daughters of service men and women throughout the UK, please consider leaving a Legacy to The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Children’s Fund.
A Discounted Will Writing Service for members & supporters of
The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Children’s Fund
Making a Will is something many of us put off until it’s too late. The only way to ensure that the people you want to benefit from your estate in the event of your death is to write a legally enforceable Will. A Will helps avoid what might otherwise be complicated and sometimes unpleasant circumstances that those you care about will have to manage.
Legacies are the foundation for many charities in the UK and are vital in continuing their good work. So, you don’t have to be rich and famous to make a contribution that can make a difference. We can all do something amazing just by leaving a gift in our wills to charity.
It’s a common myth that only the rich and famous leave money to charity when they die. This couldn’t be any further from the truth. The reality is without the gifts left in wills by people like you, many of the charities we know and support today wouldn’t even exist.
A legally drawn up Will is a written statement of your wishes. It enables you to make important decisions that affect your family, friends and charities after your death.
Choose a Solicitor
We are pleased to advise that The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Children’s Fund have teamed up with a highly respected firm of Solicitors George Ide LLP, they will provide a Will-making service at a discount to The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Children’s Fund supporters and staff. As a supporter, they can provide you with a discounted Will either online, by phone or by office visit. George Ide LLP Solicitors will also make a donation to The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Children’s Fund.
Alternatively you can contact: The Law Society find a Solicitor service – www.lawsociety.org.uk
You do not have to leave a gift in your Will to use this service. George Ide LLP Solicitors are completely independent of The Royal Navy & Royal Marines Children’s Fund.